Monday, August 24, 2009

Week 1

Phyllis started last Monday. The first four days we spent repairing some cracks in the plaster and smoothing it out so that it blends in with the existing.

I was talking with her on Wednesday morning and asked if she was done with the repairs and would start the painting. She laughed at me and said "Matt, Matt, Matt...I have a lot more to do the make your walls look fabulous and that's what you're paying me to do." Okay, then...

She painted the ceiling on Friday (and politely suggested that we replace the light fixture in there)as well as the inside of the china cabinets. They are dark. She said that the need to be dark in order to show off the glassware. That's not intuitively obvious to me, but she's the professional.

Today she did a second coat in the cabinets and did the first coat on the walls. The red on the walls looks really good.

Got to love those right-brained people!

No comments: