Friday, September 11, 2009

Contractors!

Phillis was supposed to be back this week to begin on the living room. Over the weekend we moved most stuff out and that room and the foyer are ready for her.

But Tuesday she didn't come. Wednesday she didn't either and I called, leaving her a message as to why. She didn't call back. When I got home on Thursday, she still hadn't shown up.

I have dealt with with a lot of vendors and contractors professionally, and the one thing that I will not tolerate ("up with which I will not put!") is not being informed. Plans change and things happen. But let me know what's going on so that I can manage it on my terms.

I left Phyllis another voicemail and a terse email.

She returned my call, leaving me a message saying vaguely that something came up she had to do and "forgot" about our schedule, but won't get back to us until next Thursday!

She sent this email as well:
I am sorry. I really goofed -up. What was I thinking. I can not express how horrible I feel.
Sorry for the inconvenience. I will start next week Thursday.

Most sincerely,
Phyllis


We don't have a lot of options and we do like her work. Maybe she will paint a room for free.

1 comment:

Jiggychick said...

First - nice quote. Quoting Churchill directly or Affleck as Olberman? Second, that's very weird, I thought we had higher hopes for Phyllis... hope it gets done soon! can't wait to see all finished!