Friday, April 3, 2009

Electronics Decisions

We have to make two decisions: do we go with the cool, LG HVAC unit, and what kind of TV do we get?

I first recall seeing one of those wall mounted AC units when visiting my brother in Singapore in 1996. The units are pretty efficient, quite, unobtrusive, and have a remote control. I know that they work in the right setting, but will it work for us?

It would be mounted on the south (driveway side) wall. When I visualize the flow of cool air, I am concerned that it will drop to the floor then flow out into the kitchen and the rest of the house, having a negligible cooling effect in the den. We can’t close that room off and we do not want to.

I’m not as concerned about the heat because that would hit the ceiling then flow throughout the room before escaping into the rest of the house.

Hopefully next week I will meet with the HVAC guy and get his opinion.

We will get a new television. Consumer Reports recommends Samsung. The space we have is a maximum of 40” and that is more than adequate. We’ll go and look at TVs tomorrow. Jill keeps pushing us so that she can get the specs and design the cabinets for it. I’m not really interested (our TV sitting on an old St. Mary’s School desk works quite well for me) but I’ll do it.

1 comment:

Dan Piette said...

We bought our TV from Amazon. They even installed it. Make sure you at least check them out for a quote. And then call the phone number, too. Sometimes they give you an even bigger discount after you talk to them.