Monday, May 11, 2009

Some Electrical Details

Matt:

I have referred the question regarding the screen to Ray, when I was at the house this morning I could not figure it out either.

An update on decision made about the electrical

Recessed lights:

(3) 4” recessed lights will be placed in front of each bookcase (not in the TV area, however), about 12” out, I am recommending “eyeball” covers on these so that the light can be directed towards the bookshelves with these lights on their own switch (would you like these on dimmers? Right now I am just specifying switches, let me know….)

(4) 6” recessed lights placed in a grid formation, centered with the window and patio door about 36” in from the walls to provide overall light to the rest of the room, currently on a single switch, let me know if you would prefer a dimmer….

The switch that currently controls the light in the niche will be moved over to be in the same box as the switches for the recessed light, that way they will all be lined up together…These will be installed on the wall immediately to your left as you come into the family room. A recessed light in the niche is not possible because of the framing. I suggested “puck” lights in this area (small, round lights). A light valance could be installed to drop down and cover the fixtures.

A quad outlet, with a surge suppressor built in, will be installed where the single outlet is currently located (where you desk will be placed). I would like to have an additional outlet installed on this wall to the far right, and also another installed behind the sofa wall. My electrician is verifying if code will allow these to be installed over the heating units. If we cannot, I would then like to have an additional outlet installed close to the desk outlet (the new radiators will be installed to the right of the outlet). If code does not allow, we will have to forgo the new outlet by the sofa.

I have also requested that the electrician install another phone jack on the desk wall (I am assuming that is what you meant about my thoughts on power for the telephone?) Would you like the jack installed down near the floor to be in line with the other outlets, or placed higher on the wall to be desk height? Let me know….

I will mention your request for a cable hookup downstairs to the electrician. I will be back at your house later on this afternoon to see how things are going….

Jill

No comments: